Tuesday, March 08, 2005

the weekend

Well, we decided after a not so great weekend last week, that instead of trying to get Bethany to nap at the beach (which she did great a few months ago) that we would put her in the car at naptime and go to the north shore. This way she could sleep on the way there (it takes almost an hour). The waves were huge this weekend. The place we usually go up there is called Sharks Cove. There is a wall of rocks in the water that creates a little pool. Well, the waves were crashing over the wall so no one was allowed on the beach. You have to go down a pretty steep hill to get to the beach. We were standing at the top (there was caution tape all around) and I took one little step to see a little more and Wham! I slipped and landed on my tush. My tailbone still hurts. So we went to another beach called Waimea Bay (we posted a bunch of pictures from there before) were pretty much you can't ever get in the water. The waves crash right at the shoreline. Saturday the waves were so big that the spray was carrying all the way up the beach. We ended up having a really nice day there. But I am still in pain!

Yesterday was a little hard. I had scheduled to have Bethany's picture taken at 1:30, based on her usual nap schedule. Well, she had a horrible morning nap and was crabby all afternoon. We were at the studio for an hour which put her at her usual afternoon nap. And I still needed to go to Wal-Mart! She was a trooper and took a pretty good afternoon nap. But was still crabby until bed time. She slept in an extra hour this morning! And she's been really good today.

She has expanded her snacking a bit. In addition to the cheerios she's had some whole wheat bread, veggie puffs, and rice cakes. She loves to eat!! Like mommy like daughter!

There are a few new pics on the website. Go check them out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you injured yourself. :( Hope it gets better soon!

Jen L

Amy said...

Thanks, Jen! I'm recovering slowly but surely!