On the flight to Orlando, Nathan and I sat together. Bethany fell asleep during take off and woke up a little bit when Nathan tried to shift. She sat up in his lap and promptly fell face forward into my lap and slept like that all the way to Orlando! Her face in my lap, her legs in Nathan's. She was so cute!
We arrived in Orlando around 3:00 and our first stop was...Chick-Fil-A! Yum! I had my usual #5- 8 pack of nuggets with waffle fries and sweet tea! Oh, sweet tea, how I've missed you! Then we went back to my parents' house. Bethany immediately wanted to follow around Oscar and Yoda (our cat who has to live with my parents for now, and my parents' dog). She developed this "animal speak" while we were there. She used a totally different voice when she saw them. She did the same thing later when she saw Flannel (Nathan's dog). That evening my brother and sister-in-law and their kids and my sister and brother-in-law all came over. Bethany and Hope together were funny (Hope is my 19-month-old niece). Hope was not too happy, though. Whoever Bethany was with at the time, Hope would come over and say, "stop!" and, "My Nahna!". But later they were hugging and playing together. Too cute.
Bethany had a hard time getting used to sleeping there. We put her down in the play yard that night and she woke up a couple of times. Now, we usually let her cry it out if she doesn't fall right asleep, but it never lasts more than 10-15 minutes. This night was blood curdling screams. She was probably just really confused. So, around midnight she just would not go back to sleep. My mom and I sat up with her until around 2:00 am (yeah, I know I'm on Wednesday now) and then she would only go to sleep laying on top of me in the bed. About an hour later I moved her onto the bed next to me. Around 5 am I realized that I just was not getting good sleep myself because I was worried about her. So, with heart beating madly, I scooped her up and put her in the play yard. She stayed! Yea!! And then we slept until 9:30...
Thursday, March 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment