Saturday, March 05, 2005

Bird

I think she may know that a bird is a bird. Today, we were sitting at the tables at Costco and and she saw a bird and went, "buhd!" Kind of a combination between bad and bud. It could have also just been a fluke. But I would like to think otherwise!

I can't believe we're coming home for break! I can't wait for everyone to see Miss Bethany. She gets cooler everyday.

She's eating Cheerios like a champ, now. I only find one or two in her seat after eating a cupful. And she doesn't want me to feed them to her anymore, either. She picks one up and puts it in all by herself. She loves them!!

She's also eaten some bread and some cheddar cheese. And she's a fan of both!

We went to the aquarium on Thursday with a mom's group that I was invited to. Now, am I just not a good mom or are others over-sensitive? Most of the aquarium is inside. There are a couple of things outside and it would mean being in the sun for about 5 minutes, 10 minutes tops. There was a mom there constantly telling me (not in a condescending way) to come into the shade. And she was constantly putting her kid's hat on. The baby would pull it off and the mom would keep picking it up and putting back on. I don't hardly even put a hat on Bethany's head. When we go for a walk and we'll be in the sun for like 30-45 minutes, yeah, of course I do. But for 5 minutes? And, she said that she's never taken her into the ocean!! She's almost a year old! I don't know. What do you think?

We're (hopefully) off to the north shore tomorrow. There's supposed to be a pretty big swell, but hopefully the traffic up there won't be too bad when we go after lunch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We think you are a pretty cool mom! She needs to be exposed to everything. Don't let her get to you Amy, you have been an amazing mom. And we love you and so does Bethany just the way you are. Who like's hats anyways?

Anonymous said...

I agree with Grandma and Dayna. A few minutes in the sun isn't going to hurt anything. Out walking or strolling in the park is different. You do what you know is best for your child. I remember when you guys were little and it was a windy day you wore something to cover your ears. And! going without an undershirt was a no-no. You could catch your death of cold. You're a good mommy and have a wonderfully happy baby. Can't wait to see you.