Sunday, July 15, 2007

Amy's thoughts

I had a lot of random thoughts during this trip so to sum up everything, I thought I'd record them here.

Things I will eat when we get back (not necessarily in order):

-Chick-Fil-A (Sharla, Michael J??)
-popcorn
-red velvet soup at Cook's (Heather, Sharla??)
-a REAL breakfast ie. First Watch trifecta (Cissy??); shoot, I'd settle for IHOP or Perkins
-and I will drink LOTS of purified water (explanation on this in a minute)

Things I have learned from this trip:
-In the future, we will invest in REALLY GOOD luggage. The cobblestones all over the place ate up the wheels on our suitcase. (We also started noticing that many people here have like TIRES on their luggage AND their strollers!)
-I will never think that those rain covers for strollers are silly again. I always thought, "Why wouldn't you just stay home if it's raining?" That's the Floridian in me speaking. We can set our watch by the weather. We were in the rain so much here, I'm surprised B isn't coming home with a cold.
-Mineral water makes me nauseous. This would explain a lot about when I was feeling nauseous in my first trimester and I tried drinking Pellegrino, for instance, that it made me feel worse. All of the bottles of water here are mineral water and every time I drank water, I felt sick. Most cities, thankfully, had very good tap water and that was much better!
-Nathan is my hero. Most of the time, he was carrying a really heavy bag and pushing Bethany in the stroller just so I could keep up. Then, he sometimes would pick up the entire stroller (with B in it) to carry it up or down stairs (what else could we do?). All the while, being very patient with me, dealing with Bethany when I was too tired to do it. Dealing with me being hungry for REAL food all the time (this may not have been such a problem had I been not-pregnant). I love you, honey. This was a trip I will never forget. You did an amazing job planning everything for us to do and making it all happen. Let's promise not to groan at the credit card bill for at least two weeks when we get back! :)

I know that I'm forgetting some stuff here, but I'll have to add things as I remember them. Can't wait to be home and see you all and tell you of our adventures in person!

3 comments:

GClef1970 said...

Hey, I want in on the trip to Cook's! :-)

Hoping to see you in person soon.

Amy said...

I'll let you know!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Red Velvet Soup......yum!!!!

Michael J has really missed Miss Amy and "Befny" so we would be all over a trip to Chick-fil-a!

Can't wait to see you - talk to you in a few days! Take a day or two to de-tox!