Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Day 10, to Aigle, Switzerland

Today we left the lovely chalet that has been our home for almost a week and head to Aigle, Switzerland. We took a train called the Mont-Blanc Express. It was a neat little train. One of B's observations: "Look at ALL the Christmas trees!".

We arrived at our hotel in Aigle and we were greeted by a sweet dog, Max. He really loves people and Bethany loved seeing him everyday while we were there. We headed out around dinner time and found a little place to eat. Turns out, we arrived 15 minutes before dinner started. I've mentioned this before. We have had a hard time getting used to this part of the culture. I usually have dinner on the table between 5:30 and 6:00 at home (depending on level of hunger and/or when Nathan's last class ends) and it is just really hard to adapt to this. And, you don't actually EAT at 6:30. If you order at the start of dinner, then you don't get your food until about 7:00 and by the time you finish eating, get the check, it's past 8:00. Anyway, the food that we found was very good. There was a LOT of it, too. I thought we Americans were the only ones who did too-big portions!

1 comment:

GClef1970 said...

People often tease us about our "European" way of eating. :-)
Rick doesn't get home until 6:30 at the earliest, so Rick and I don't eat dinner until at least 8:00, so that we can sit and enjoy it together (without rushing through to get Conor to bed on time). Guess we'd fit right in. I don't know about Conor, though. LOL