I hope you all appreciate this post because my fingers are KILLING me!! I've been practicing a few chords on my new guitar (early Christmas gift) and it really hurts to type. Do you know how many Christmas carols you can play with only A, D, and E? Those are the chords I'm working on right now. I'm getting pretty good at Silent, Night.
First, I have to say, "I told you so." Bethany is crawling. REALLY crawling. She can take about 4-5 "crawls" before falling back on her tummy. The problem is, she won't STOP crawling. Even in her bed. As soon as we put her down, she flops over and pops up on all fours. It's like she can't help it. Tonight it took us an hour and a half to get her to go to sleep. She fell asleep while Nathan was giving her her bottle but as soon as she was down, she flipped over and started crawling. This is going to be a tough phase to get through. She's been such a good napper. I don't know what I'm going to do after break when Nathan goes back to school. He's been the one getting her to sleep the last two days.
Well, we got to go to the aquarium yesterday!!! It turned out to be a beautiful day! (Sorry, everyone in Chicago!) She loved seeing all the fish. Here are a few good pics. Click on one to see the whole album:
We lowered her mattress today. I can't believe how big she's getting.
Well we can't wait to see how she does tomorrow morning. I wonder if she'll enjoy "opening" her presents!
I realized that I didn't tell you the results of her renal test. Her left kidney doesn't work as well as her right. Basically, in terms of 100% functionality, her right is 60%, her left, 40%. The doctor said it will probably be this way her whole life but it will not affect her life. He said that in order for a person to live, they only need 30% of one kidney. So she'll be fine, but we'll just have to keep doing tests every few months to keep an eye on it.
Okay, Bethany is a screamer! She has really found her voice. She loves to screach and squeal. It's cute for a while...until your ears start bleeding.
We think she says "hi". Sometimes when we say it to her, it sounds like she says it back to us. She's a genius.
Well, we hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas. We miss you terribly. We'll post some pictures as soon as we can tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment