Sunday, October 10, 2004

Well, somebody decided to wake up at 6:00 this morning! Why? Who knows? So she was kind of out of whack today. (And so were we)

We drove down to see if the new Sam's Club/Wal-mart was open yet and it's not. Wal-mart will open on Wednesday, and Sam's will open on the 21st. That will be nice. We're thinking of joining Sam's at least until our Costco runs out to see if we may want to switch. If not, it's not that expensive to have both. They will be much closer than Costco and I currently have to go to Kmart (which isn't that bad) but it takes 45 minutes to get to Kmart and an hour to get home. Wal-mart/Sam's will be about 10 minutes away. Just basically a little west of us and down the mountain. (Just up from the Ala Moana Mall, mom)

Well, after being finicky about her eating last week (some times she was only taking 2-3 ounces of formula) she is now scarfing down 4 ounces at each meal (5 before bed tonight). Whatever!

Off topic for a minute, I just heard John Kerry say, "America doesn't need a 'head-strong' leader but a 'well-reasoned' leader". What does that mean? Is there something wrong with being head-strong? Personally, I would prefer that to a leader who "reasons" something to a point where he feels it is ethical to destroy life for science and the possibility of saving another. I was so glad to hear that one woman at the debate ask about adult stem cells and umbilical stem cells. Okay, off the soap box... :)

Oh, Bethany wanted to say, "Thank you, Grandma and Grandpa" for the book and toy!! We read it tonight and she just stared at the illustrations! They are very contrasting so they drew her attention. We'll play with the toy later in the week.

Oh, I also wanted to let you all know that you can post your own comments to my entries. Just click (I think) at the bottom right corner of the entry where it says "0 comments" and you can say something if you want.

Okay, that was pretty long. We're trying another church tomorrow, Hawaii Kai Baptist. They meet in a movie theatre!! We think we may not go to the New Hope church (after Mom contacted them, they called to check on Bethany). They have "satallite" locations where they pipe in video from the main "campus". They have producers to make the service run smoothly. If you add up all of the satellite churches, there are over 10,000 members. Yes, I meant ten thousand members! We thought that may be a little TOO big!

Okay, now it's even longer! More tomorrow!

No comments: