She slept great last night and let us (especially Nathan) get a little extra sleep this morning. We watched some football, a little of the parade (until we couldn't take it any longer!-have you noticed those stupid balloons get more airtime than the bands??). Then I got busy on dinner. Yes, my first thanksgiving dinner.
I bought a 5 1/2 pound turkey breast that I started at about 1:30. It came out so well! It tasted so good! I also made cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, green beans and dressing. It was a lot of work, but totally worth it! I don't think I've used that many pieces of kitchen ware at one time before!
Bethany is so cool. She didn't take her nap this morning, but in the afternoon, she slept for 2 hours!!! And for another hour after her late afternoon feeding. She fell asleep in her swing. She's been pulling herself up in the swing lately, like this:
So Nathan thought he'd just take the tray off so she didn't have anything with which to pull herself up. Did that work?? Nope! She pulled herself right up! She got a little fussy so I gave her binkie and she fell asleep!!! Yes, her head was resting on the front of the swing and she fell asleep!!! I tried to take a picture but I think in the process I woke her up. Oh well. It was so cute!
Nathan has been working with her on crawling. He's trying to get her up on all fours right now. She's starting to get it. Every once in awhile she'll do it by herself!
Well, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We are very blessed and I hope you all took a moment to thank God for what he has given to us.
No comments:
Post a Comment