Wednesday, November 10, 2004

pink

What is it about the color pink? I never liked pink. In fact, you could say I pretty much hated it. I swore that I would never dress my daughter in pink just because she was a girl. Funny what actually having a daughter does to that mindset. I now find myself seeking out the pink apparel. And not just for her. Oh, no. I actually look for it for myself. I love pink! It is such a cute color! I even want pink toenails!

Well, I've decided to go ahead and wean Bethany from breastfeeding at her 2nd meal. I've just decided that I like the convenience of being able to do what I need to do in an afternoon without having to figure out a place to nurse. She did just fine, of course. She's a very independent little girl. Then, at her late afternoon feeding, she nursed, ate 1/2 jar of applesauce and then took 2 ounces of formula! Tomorrow I need to get some veggies and start trying those out on her.

I love when she smiles at me. Can anything bring a person out of a bad mood better than their baby smiling at them? I don't think so. Her eyes seem to light up when I go to get her up from her nap. She is so happy to see me. And, of course, I am so happy to see her.

No comments: