Well, if you've looked at the pictures yet, you've seen what I'm going to talk about tonight.
We started at the Pompidou Center. Actually, outside it, at that fountain. Bethany really liked it a lot. The museum was amazing. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Louvre. But this was really awesome. I made it through all of the special exhibits fine, but once we got to part of the museum's permanent collection (which was our last stop), I couldn't walk anymore. My legs and back had had it, and if we were going to make it to the Notre Dame afterward, I had to sit down. So, I had a good 30-minute or so rest while Nathan and a sleeping Bethany perused the 5th floor.
Once we left, we thought we ought to stop for dinner. Not knowing what our options would be once we crossed over to the island, we decided to hit the Mickey D's just before the bridge. I know, we're in France and we ate at McDonald's? If you had eaten at that Universal Burger last night, you would have thought McDonald's sounded good, too. Plus, since it was getting a little late and we wanted something that we knew would be fast, we went for it. It was SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD. Okay, it was better than UB. (WAY better) Bethany had her first chicken mcnuggets in France! And she ate them ALL! Here comes the best part - the Happy Meal dessert is this stuff called Pommes-Potes. It's like applesauce (or whatever other fruit you get) only in a tube (pouch). It's a little more creamy, too. Since B and I both ordered a Happy Meal, she happily ate them both! We stopped on the way back here to get some at the grocery store! They are so great! Much more portable than our little applesauce cups. Oh - and - the Happy Meals here still come in boxes.
Okay, on to the important stuff. Notre Dame - amazing. I did think it was a little weird, though, to have tourists walking through while a mass was going on. Not only that, but to have those little "take a coin and turn it into a souvenir" machines in all corners of the church. Whatever, I won't judge. When the priest came out, I told Bethany that a priest was similar to what our Pastor Mike is. She said, "Pastor Mike is our Pastor!" I said, "Is he a good Pastor?" "Yeeaahh" (in that swoopy voice) was her reply. I really wish we could have explored the church a bit more, rather than being herded through around the inside perimeter. It was absolutely breathtaking, though, and the pictures do it zero justice.
We decided to take the bus back rather than the metro tonight, just to do something different and not haul B and the stroller up and down MORE stairs. It may have taken a bit longer, but we got to see some things we wouldn't have otherwise. And we got to witness the crazy drivers once more.
Well, Bethany is sleeping now and we're almost all packed to go down to Sallanches tomorrow. I told B that Stephen (Nathan's cousin) would be there and she said, "Stephen will be there????" Bethany became enchanted with him last summer. He's like the only male (other than Nathan and the grandfathers) that she has warmed up too so much. I don't know if it's because he's not as old as the other men in her life? Anyway, I think she's excited to see him. She also keeps asking if she's getting married here. We keep telling her that Pamela is getting married and she insists that SHE is. Well, who knows? Maybe one day she will get married here!
Okay, good night. I'm not sure when I'll be able to update next. Having free Wi-Fi is great, but we won't have that after today. So, I'll email more frequently to let you know when there is an update.
Bon soir!
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like your trip is quite the success so far. Enjoy tomorrow!
Totally enjoyed this virtual tour! Loved Bethany's impression of the statue. Laughed because I knew what IRCAM was. (yeah, I was an A+ student in DeMurga's class)
Laughed again at Nathan's "light reading" because that's definitely what Rick would be reading, too.
The photos are fantastic and the pictures at Chalet Bagatelle are BREATHTAKING!!
Post a Comment