Well, just as Bethany was feeling quite a bit better, she woke up Saturday morning with little pink bumps everywhere. After her nap, they were much more red and splotchy. Nathan's mom said that when Dayna (his sister) was little, she also had a febrile seizure and a rash afterward, Roseola. So I looked up some info on it and it seems that may be what it is. I called the ped and he said since she has been on the Amoxicillin for a week to go ahead and stop it. Once the rash is gone, give her 1 or 2 more doses to see if it happens again and that would mean she's allergic to penicillin. Later that night in the bath she said, "itchy", so we knew it was bothering her more.
This morning she was bright red. It had really moved up to her face, even her ears. Her cheeks are just one big patch of red. Her inner thighs are also really bad, causing her to walk funny. Her face (especially her cheeks and lips) are puffy and she just acts like she's uncomfortable. So I called the ped again today and he said it would be okay to give her some benadryl to help the itchy and swelling. Of course, now she's like a zombie. He also said to bring her in tomorrow anyways so he could take a look at her. Great. I get to drop another $20 copay. That's 3 times in 3 weeks. Plus the emergency room copay of $75. Can I get a break? Doctor's need one of those cards like Moe's or Subway. "After 12 visits, your 13th is free!"
This poor child. I hope we can get all of this figured out so she can get back to normal.
Sunday, January 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment