Thursday, January 12, 2006

copycat

I know it's been awhile. Bear with me. I promise I will do a big Christmas and house update VERY SOON. But for now, I wanted to give you a couple of small updates.

Remember that really annoying game we played in middle school where we would copy EVERYTHING someone said? That's pretty much our life right now with Bethany. We'll be talking in the car (or I'll have Sean or something on the radio) and she will repeat practically every other word that is said. It's gotten to the point where we'll say something just to see if she can repeat it (don't worry, nothing bad!). And full words don't always come out. For instance, I said "delicious" one day and she said "licious". We were in the doctor's office Tuesday and I said, "Can you say 'HI, Doctor Bell?'" and she said, "Hi...doctor...bell".

Yesterday, after her nap, we were hanging out in her room and she said, "mama, carry you" (that's what she says when she wants YOU to carry HER), so I picked her up and she gave me a big hug. We sat down in the rocker and I rocked her and sang to her. Every time I finished a song she said, "next?". After a few minutes she got down and ran out toward the kitchen. She stopped, turned around and came right back and stood just outside her bedroom door, looked at me and said, "O'mon, mama", with the arm gesture and everything. It was so cute, she'd never done that before on her own. We've told her to say "come on" to different people and she'll repeat it, but never on her own like that. It was so cute! So I chase her and she laughed.

So at the doctor for her 18 month checkup she weighed in at a whopping 21 pounds and 2.5 oz! (I was being sarcastic if you couldn't tell) And she is 32.5 inches tall. But Dr. Bell said she's just fine. We scheduled a renal ultrasound for her for Monday. Just to make sure that her kidney has become normal.

Most of you know that Bethany is not very into meat or veggies. Yesterday I made Potato Broccoli Chesse soup for lunch and she ate it! I was so happy. And last night she ate a whole hot dog. I had to peel the skin off of it, though. Otherwise, she spits out half the hot dog trying to eat around it. And she loves to eat "orangens" from our tree. Nathan picks them, Bethany puts them in her wagon, and they bring them inside and cut them up. It's so cute.

So the Christmas update is coming soon, I PROMISE!

No comments: