Wednesday, February 23, 2005

baby's got the shakes!

Bethany has a new trick: shaking her head. She looks like she's saying, "no". But I know that's not it. I guess she just likes the feeling!

Last night I tried tickling her. For some reason she really tries to hold in her giggles. We keep telling her that she would feel much better if she would just let out the laugh. Well, last night, as I tried to tickle her, she SNORTED! Yes, just like mommy and Aunt Lilly. It was so funny! I did get a little giggle by blowing in her ear.

She also loves when I whisper in her ear, "I love you". Every time I do it, she looks at me and grins so big! I love that!

I think she's beginning to take an interest in faces. Most of the stuffed toys she has are animals. Well, today, she picked up my Amy doll and held her in front of her face and stared at her while babbling. It was so cute. She also does that with the DVD's. I'll have to get her one of those baby faces books.

Today in the laundry room, she was hysterical. I was taking clothes out of the washer and she was down the row so she could see the dryers. A man walked in and she held up her hand (like the queen does-with her palm facing her with fingers slightly curved) and shouted, "DA DA!". It was soooooo cute! I said, "no, that's not da da". Maybe she thinks all men are "da da". Hehe.

She's starting to make a "B" sound. It's so funny to watch her because she folds her lips in and her cheeks get all puffy. She puts a hum behind it and then finally, "BUH!". Then she'll do like four or five "buh's" in a row.

Well, Mommy FINALLY got a hair cut this weekend. It has been 7 months! Between being busy with a new baby and moving and having to find a place, it just took awhile. I chopped off about 3 inches. It feels so much better.

Now only one other thing would make me feel better: Could someone send me a #5 8-pack with a half and half tea? BBQ sauce with that. And, uh, value size the tea.

Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm commenting. I don't know what a #5 8-pack with a half and half tea and BBQ sauce is, but if I did, I would send you boatloads. Bethany's too cute for words. Miss ya!
Jen L