Thursday, August 07, 2008

I...am...exhausted

Nathan has been gone (to Arizona) since early Saturday morning.  He'll be home this Saturday evening.  Chasing after two little ones in itself is exhausting.  But I think what wears me down the most is Bethany's incessant talking!  She just never stops.  Don't get me wrong, I love her dearly and a lot of times I love listening to the crazy things she talks about.  But it is difficult to listen to when I'm so tired.  And the questions, OH the questions.  Why, this; Why, that?  And, even when I make a statement that includes a reason, she STILL asks, "Why...?"  Ugh.  

I need a spa day.

Maybe a week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you up for some company on that trip?

GClef1970 said...

I know this is going to sound like one of those Pollyanna replies, but RELISH the fact that Bethany asks so many questions and talks incessantly. That means that she is developing on schedule. I remember when my heart broke in two, longing for my 3 year old to talk to me from the back seat and I wondered if I was *ever* going to be able to have those conversations that made other mothers slightly insane. It has made me appreciate the incessant talking that finally occurred at age 5. Hug her and be glad, Amy. :-)

melanie said...

I just wanted to second, and third what you said. If someone else who is of the toddler-preschool stage asks me what I am doing and why I am doing it and what and why and where and on and on...

I think spa days should be mandatory for all mothers at LEAST once a month. I'm right there with you, babe.