Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Hate Fay

Tuesday morning we had to break the news that she would not be going to school because of Fay. We told her that the school wanted kids to stay home with their mommies and daddies to be safe because a storm was coming. We also knew at that point that school would be closed on Wednesday, too.  So we just had to get through those two days.  I also came down with a wicked cold Tuesday, and now Nathan has it, too.  Thankfully, my mom was able to come up Tuesday to help wrangle the girls.  

Anyway, tonight at dinner I told Bethany that she was going to be able to go to school tomorrow. Her response? "But, when is the storm coming?"  Yeah, I'd like the answer to that question myself.  No offense to those living in Brevard county.  I feel terrible for those people. But all it has done here for two days is a moderate rain.  Usually when we get a heavy rain we get a good size little lake at the end of our driveway.  After two days of rain, nothing.  

So about 9:00 tonight we find out that Volusia County schools are closed AGAIN tomorrow!  I don't want to jinx ourselves but it better be good tomorrow or I'm going to be really upset! And I have to break the news to Bethany when she's all set and excited about going back to school tomorrow.  What a tease.  One half-day of school.  I almost feel like if they're going to be closed tomorrow then they should just close Friday and start all over again on Monday.  

No comments: