I still can't believe that Bethany is 4 years old! She had her annual check up on Tuesday, including 4 shots! Poor girl. She didn't really cry during the shots, but after the first two (in one arm) she FOUGHT to not get the other two (in the other arm). She was a trooper, though. She got her Snoopy band-aids and not one, but TWO stickers when we left.
Well, Bethany is 39 inches tall and weighs 32 little pounds! She is starting to become aware of her stature. She knows that even though some kids are younger than her they are "bigger". Bethany has a friend who turned 4 a couple of weeks after her. After Bethany's birthday she kept saying, "Betsy is still 3, but she's bigger than me". I hope she doesn't develop a complex.
The preschool class she'll be in next year is an enrichment class. She'll already be probably the youngest one in there, but from what I've heard, some parents put their 5-year-olds who aren't quite ready for kindergarten in this class. So she has the potential to be a very small child in that class! We'll see what happens.
Some of you know that Nathan started reading "chapter" books to Bethany at bedtime. He was getting board with the other usual night time books and she was starting to tune out, too. They started with Charlotte's Web and they just finished James and the Giant Peach. I started Stuart Little with her last night (Nathan's going to Arizona this coming week). She really loves reading these books. It's fun to listen to her tell you what happened in each chapter. I'm looking forward to Stuart Little. She already thinks (after one chapter) that Stuart's family is human.
Well, only a little more than 2 weeks and it will be time for school! Bethany is excited to pick out a lunch box (back, sack, what do they call those things now? Because I haven't seen hardly any actually lunch BOXES, they are all fancy insulated bags and stuff) since she'll be eating lunch at school this year. That should be interesting. She takes anywhere from 30-90 minutes to eat lunch normally. I feel bad for her little friends when we meet for lunch at Chick-Fil-A or something. They try to wait for her to finish, but they end up playing alone until B finally finishes everything! I bet for several weeks she will be so distracted eating with other people that she won't eat anything! Hopefully that won't last long, though, and she'll figure out that she needs to eat to make it through the rest of the day!
We'll keep you posted on how she does in school this year. By the way, I have a TON of pictures of things she has made this summer (most with Daddy's help but some completely on her own) and I'll get them up as soon as I can!
Friday, August 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment