Bethany has been discovering the meaning of "missing" someone. It really started to become evident toward the end of our vacation when she started talking about people she missed. Today in the car she says, "I love God".
Me: God loves you, too.
B: Does Jesus love me, too?
M: Yes.
B: Oh. I miss God and Jesus.
M: Well, they're always with us, even though you can't see them. You can talk to them whenever you want.
B: Dear God, thank you for the trees and the car, and thank you for the street and the sticks that we pick up, and thank you for dresses that I can wear, and thank you for bugs that bite me (a child's understanding of Grace?), and thank you for fruit and thank you for making us. Amen.
This is the first prayer I've heard her say. I don't know if they ask the kids if they want to pray in Sunday School or not. We've asked her on occasion when we pray at dinner if she would like to say something and she always says no.
Then inside before we did naptime:
Dear God, thank you for our house that you made, and thank you for my frog (a stuffed animal) and thank you for Oscar (our cat) that you made and thank you for Miss Sharla and Michael J that you made. Amen.
*Sigh*
Friday, August 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love this. :-)
Oh my gosh, my eyes just got teary!
So, I'm in the van the other day with the kids heading north at the intersection of 17-92 and Orange Camp Rd. We're sitting at the light, when all of the sudden Michael J says "I think I see Ms. Amy and Befany!" I look over and see a red Saturn getting ready to cross 17-92, and I said, "Well, maybe it is!" As the car crosses, he says, "It is Ms. Amy and Befany!" Sure enough, it was! Then he started talking about you all coming over again. So cute!
Sharla I have to get used to looking for your van! That's so cute!
This is the most beautiful prayer I have heard. Read Ps 8:1b-2...and Matthew 21:14-17..."out of the mouths of babes..."
I love you guys!
Post a Comment