Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Calling me back

Okay, this will take a bit of back story. Bethany has been watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse lately. Ever since her first trip to Disney in August, she has been obsessed! (Aside: what is so cute is that she has the same enthusiasm about going into the Disney Store!) Anyway, there is an episode where Pluto is running a race and he gets distracted by a butterfly and goes off the course. Mickey has to use a whistle to call Pluto back. Bethany has a little play medical kit that has a device like the thing the doctor uses to look in your ears. Well, B has discovered that if she sucks air through the toy, it makes a whistle sound. So she likes to whistle through it and call Oscar or me or Ears. Sometimes when we play outside she asks me or Nathan to "call her back". And when we say, "Come back Bethany" she says, "You have to whistle!"

Tonight, Nathan's mom was babysitting while I was at work (Nathan is in New Orleans this week). Judy told me when I got home that she wanted to take that toy to bed with her so she could call me back. :( She said B whistled through it for a while then quieted down. Well, about 30 minutes after I got home we heard the whistle! I guess she heard my voice and woke up to call me back! So I went in and she said, "Hi, Mommy". I said hi and gave her a hug and a kiss. I said, "I'm home now so you can put that down" and she promptly put it down in her bed. Then she laid back down and went to sleep! How cute is she?

PS - there are some new pics up and an updated wish list page.

No comments: