Wow. I am still incredibly exhausted. What a big weekend.
Bethany turned 2 on Friday. When did that happen? Anyways, we opened some presents that morning and Daddy fixed pancakes, to which B replied, "I LOVE pancakes!" We gave B a new bathing suit, some sidewalk chalk, and a new Polly Pocket. We lost the other one somewhere. We think in Lowes.
Saturday was crazy. We had about 25 people over for B's birthday party. Thank goodness we had good weather. I don't know where we would have put all those people inside! Bethany got a lot of great stuff - books, a DVD, clothes, puzzles, a slide for the back yard, dress up clothes, a little plush JoJo, a JoJo car, and a play kitchen (along with a ton of stuff to go IN the kitchen). She was thrilled with everything she got. She carries that silly car EVERYWHERE! And she loves putting on her apron and chef's hat and cooking in the kitchen. She baked me some cookies today. She has spent a good 30 minutes on the slide at least 2 days since Saturday. She just had a great time. Nathan cooked on the grill, everyone ate, the kids played. I made B's cake and someone told her to go and say to me, "That was a good cake, Mama!", which of course she did.
That night, we were completely wiped.
Monday morning was B's 2-year check up. Now, I'd been telling her for a couple of days that we would be seeing Dr. Bell. She was getting very excited. Last time we saw Dr. Bell she was excited beforehand, but VERY unhappy while we were there. So she's playing very nicely in the waiting room when we get called back. We go in, get her undressed for the weigh-in (make your guess now, I'll tell you in a minute) and height measure. The nurse is great with her (we've had her before), takes her temp, measures her head. Bethany is fine through all of this. The nurse gives us a book while we wait and then Dr. Bell comes in.
B: "Hi, Dr. Bell!"
DB: "Well, hello Bethany, how are you?"
DB: (Checks her with the stethoscope)"You are very wiggly!"
DB: "Can I look in your ears?"
B: "Yes"
DB: (Takes the ear thing off, so just the light thing is being used)
B: (Proceeds to open her mouth without being asked)
DB: "Thank you! Can you go like this?" (sticks out tongue)
B: (does so)
DB: "Okay Bethany, I'm going to check your tummy now" (lays her down and does)
DB: "Okay can I see you walk now?" (PICKS HER UP and puts her on the floor)
B: (without protest, walks to the door and BACK TO DR. BELL!)
Then I ask my questions, we talk a bit and then B says, "Bye Dr. Bell!"
I am in shock. Not one fuss, tear, whine, NOTHING!
As I'm getting her dressed (the Dr. is gone) she looks up at me and says, "I have fun Dr. Bell!" Great! Let's do it again!
We go out to the desk, she gets her stickers and we go out the door to the waiting area. She proceeds to the little picnic table in the waiting room. I say, "Come on B, we have to go." She responds, "I have to see Dr. Bell!" This had everyone in the room busting out laughing. I had to walk over and grab her hand to get her to leave! I said, "You just saw Dr. Bell. We have to go now." Luckily, she didn't protest further but I couldn't believe it! She talked about Dr. Bell the rest of the day.
I'll have some pics up from her birthday in a bit. Check her website for them.
BTW - Bethany is 23.5 lbs, 33.5 inches tall. For those wondering, that's 10th percentile for weight, 40th percentile for height. We've got a petite one here.
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
She is going to be tall!!!!!! Yeah another tall female in the Wolek family. I can't wait to have someone to stand next to in family photos. (well in about 15 years!) hahah.
-Dayna
Post a Comment