Monday, July 24, 2006

"Bethany - the Musical"

I haven't quite figured out B's personality completely yet (I mean, she just turned 2), but from what I can tell so far, she will be a performer. She's already very comfortable with a microphone and everything she does she turns into a song. For example, we were outside this afternoon and she got some mosquito bites. When we came in I asked her if I could put alcohol on them. She proceeded to walk around the house singing a made-up song about alcohol. She just kept singing the word different pitches, different lengths, different rhythms...she is so amazing. Of course, Nathan and I aren't sure if it's a good thing for her to be singing about alcohol right now! :)

She sings about everything - socks, shoes, food. And when she's not making up a song, she's singing another one. This morning we awoke to a serenade of "Jesus loves the little children". Other new songs in her repertoire are: God Bless America, God is so Good, Bingo, Rain Rain Go Away, and a variety of songs from Little Einsteins and JoJo. Once our chaotic life settles down, we'll do some more recordings.

The other day I put B's hair up in a single ponytail. It was so cute. I put this little bow clip by the hair tie so it looked like her hair was tied with a bow. And, of course, she had some wisps of hair around her face that didn't go back. At one point I looked at her and it was as if I was looking in a mirror. I got a flash of one of my dance portraits of when I was 6 or 7. It was an odd feeling. I've always thought she looked a bit like me, but that was weird!

I'll write some more tomorrow before I hit SAI-land on Wednesday!

No comments: