Thursday, August 24, 2006

A month?!?!

SO SORRY!!! And I guess I didn't get a chance to blog anymore before going to SAI-Land!

Well, swimming lessons are over. Bethany had her last day (in clothes) on Tuesday. And NO, she wasn't thrown in. The way our instructor did it was to hold her up on the deck of the pool and help her "fall" in. The instructor is in the pool. So nothing really traumatic. And Bethany did great. On Monday, she was even just swimming and coming up for air! It was so funny! What they teach them is to swim a bit, turn over and float, then turn back over and swim again. She can do this, but on Monday she (twice!) was swimming, came up for a breath, and kept going! It was amazing!

As I said previously, Bethany's life is a musical. She makes up songs about EVERYTHING! The other day, Bethany was eating pretzel sticks and had one in each had and was drumming them on the table. Only she wasn't just plain drumming. She would do them to the right, then to the left. I looked at Nathan and said, "Maybe she'll play the timpani". A minute later Bethany looked up and said, "I'm playin' the timpani", and continued drumming. She gets so excited when she hears music. Many times if we're in a store that plays muzac, she will find the speaker on the ceiling and say, "there's the 'usic!" (she always leaves off the "M" so it sounds like "yousic"). Today I went into a music shop to buy some clarinet reeds and my mom helped Bethany play a little set of bongos. When I came over to them she said, "I'm playing yousic!" So amazing.

Bethany is very into (against my wishes) the color pink and princesses. I do not know where this came from. Nathan and I always said that if we had a girl we would not own many pink clothes or stress "girly" things. But, it never fails. If I hold up two outfits and one is pink, she ALWAYS picks the pink one. And now that she has a couple of dress-up outfits, she puts them on and says, "I'm princess Bethany". Oh, well. At least it's cute, right?

So I have lots of pictures and stuff that need to go up. Hopefully Nathan can find some time to get on here and blog about SeaWorld. And I'll blog some later about our Disney trip, too. Until then!

No comments: