Tuesday, March 21, 2006

twinkle, twinkle

So Amy had a makeup lesson tonight. I fixed a yummy supper of pasta for Bethany and myself. While the meal was winding down, Bethany started to sing. This is something that she has been doing more and more lately. Usually is merely a line or two that she repeats over and over. She has in the last week or two gotten the jist of the first four lines from "Rock-a-bye Baby."

But tonight she laid this on me: Twinkle, Twinkle.

Given my professional training, I expect I will have to defend the authenticity of this recording. There are no edits. What you hear has not been pieced together. The only thing I did was apply some noise reduction and increase the volume.

When she sang it the first time I grabbed my laptop to record her with the built in mic. Fortunately she complied with my request for an encore. What is impressive is that the entire form of the song is there. She's still working on the words (and the pitches), but to have the complete structure of the song learned is amazing!

So I will look into getting her into some music classes next fall. She'll be the youngest Freshman by a long shot.

No comments: