Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Soup!

Okay, this is my last post today so if this is the first time you've been here today, scroll down because I've posted a few.

Anyways, most of you know that Bethany is not a great vegetable eater. I always put them on her plate but she NEVER eats them. We can't even hide them in mashed potatoes. She finds them. I guess it's another way she's like a parrot. You know how birds put a whole seed in their mouth and chew through the shell down to the seed and they spit out everything but the seed? That's Bethany only substitute vegetables for shells and potatoes for the seeds. Well, today she woke up with a little cold and I thought a sandwich and soup would be nice for lunch. Now, she has eaten some Broccoli cheese soup before. I think she just likes the idea of soup. Well I had a can of Vegetable soup in the pantry. I cooked it up (because I was going to eat it anyway) and filled a small bowl for Bethany (mostly veggies, little liquid). She LOVED it!!! She ate another bowlful. This soup had potatoes, carrots, green beans, peas, corn, and celery in it. I couldn't believe it. Please pray that this was not a one-time thing. I'm going to stock up on more soup (the lower-sodium versions, though)!

No comments: