Bethany talks pretty much non-stop these days. And she picks up on everything. The other night at dinner, we pointed out a squirrel in the backyard. (waving)"Hi, squirrel! How're you?" But she didn't stop there. Nope. She proceeded to pick up one of her noodles, hold it out and say, "want some? sgetti?" Excuse me? When did she learn that? The other day I heard her say, "Jojo talk". And then she made these high pitched babbles that I could only assume was Jojo talking. I guess she gets that from us talking like the characters.
Nathan was in Minneapolis a couple of weeks ago and one night when he called I asked Bethany if she knew where Daddy was. I told her, "Say Min-ne-a-po-lis". "Min-ne-a-po-wis". ???????? I was just kidding! Nathan heard her and said, "Oh my gosh!" So then when he got home we got her to say DeLand, Orlando, Tallahassee, Honolulu, Waikiki...I think that was it. She's like a parrot. She'll repeat anything.
Bethany also knows all of her colors. Today at the doctor there was one of those bead toys in the exam room. This one had four different "tracks" - cars, planes, rockets and hot air balloons. She did each one, "Red car, blue car, yellow car, green car." "Blue airplane, yellow airplane, purple airplane." She picked up the colors so fast. One day, everything was green. The next day, she knew them all. I don't understand the human brain!
She's pretty amazing. We find ourselves mouths wide open everyday at the things she can do.
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment