Well, today was better. Except that it started so early. Bethany fussed a few times early this morning but got up for good about 6 am (I know, to a lot of moms out there, this is normal - however, Bethany usually wakes between 7:30 and 8:00 so it was early for us). She had some milk and almost a whole cup of yogurt with Daddy then came and laid with me in bed. I'm not sure if either of us slept, but we were there for a while resting anyway. After Nathan left, Bethany watched Little Einsteins and JoJo and finished her milk.
I had a few errands that I had to do, so we did them this morning as quickly as possible. On our way home (about 10:30) I stopped to fill my tires. The back passenger side on was REALLY low. It wasn't even registering on the gauge. Anyway, when I got back in the car, Bethany was asleep. When we got home, I took off her shoes and put her down. Instead of completely closing the door, I left it open a crack so I could easily check on her. She finally woke at 3:00. I had started getting worried and even called my mom to ask her advice around 2:00. But I decided that she got up early, probably from hunger (she only ate applesauce last night) and being sick doesn't help. She could probably use the sleep. She was pretty mellow for about 30 minutes after getting up. She just wanted to hang on me or sit in my lap. Finally she said, "Down, pease?" and I asked if she wanted some Cheerios. "Cheeos? Gape, too?" "Okay, we can have grapes, too." So she snacked on grapes, Cheerios and milk for about 20 minutes. Then she wanted to go in the swing. We spent a good 20-30 minutes on the swing. She was kind of in and out of activeness (is that a word?) this afternoon. She'd be pretty active for about 15 minutes, and then need 15 minutes of cuddles. No problem here!
So for dinner she had about 1/2 cup milk, hot dog (Turkey Kielbasa) one green bean (hey, that's improvement!) and about 1/2 cup applesauce. Then she got bathed and jammies on by about 7:15. Nathan started to put her to bed and I said, "You don't have to put her down yet". About 30 seconds later, Bethany was leaning on Nathan and saying, "Nap, pease? Nap, pease?" Okay, I guess she's ready for bed! She didn't waste anytime giving me a hug and kiss and she was right back to Nathan to go to bed. Poor thing.
I guess it's good, though. She seems to be better today. Not quite so pale and unsteady. I hope she sleeps well tonight and is even better tomorrow. I'm so sad we had to miss story time at the library on Monday. She had such a good time last week. I can't wait for next Monday.
Wednesday, February 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment