Sunday, September 04, 2005
whoop...there it is
Yep. I have been diagnosed as having Whooping Cough (Pertussis). Apparantly, in about 10% of adults, the vaccine we recevied as children wears off. It starts off with the same symptoms as the common cold, which makes it hard to diagnose. I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and she said it looked like maybe bronchitis. When it didn't get any better (and my whole body started to hurt from all the coughing) I went back and she said it's very possible that it's Pertussis. So she gave me a breathing treatment in the office and I'm taking an antibiotic, a cough medicine and an inhaler. I still cough occasionally, but not as hard or deep. So it's a lot better. But Pertussis can persist for several months. Ugh. So, that's my life right now! Lucky me!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment