Well, we are really getting settled in here in DeLand. Bethany loves her new room. Now we just have to decide what color to paint it. Last week everything was "lellow". This week everything is purple. Make up your mind, silly girl! Last week, my friend Sharla invited us to go with her and her son, Michael Jr., to the story time at the library. Michael J. is 10-months old. The story time we went to was for children under 1. It was really cute. We sang a couple of songs, said some nursery rhymes and read a book. Then the four of us went to the park and the kids enjoyed the swings. Bethany did great this time. Her first experience with swings was not great. We tried swinging her at the park at Hope's birthday party and she wanted nothing to do with it. This time, I think she saw how much fun Michael J was having and realized it really was fun! This week, I took Bethany to the 1-3 story time and I think it was a little more her style. There was more singing and movement and they even had a puppet! It just seemed a little more "put together" than the other one. We hung out at the library for almost an hour after the story time was over looking at books and reading. Even though it's DeLand, the library is way better than the Manoa branch of the Hawaii Public Library. And the staff is much more helpful and more friendly. We checked out some books and went home.
Bethany has been taking only one nap this past week. It didn't start out as a plan, it just kind of happened with the move and things being kind of wacky last week. So, today she took a 3 1/2-hour nap. It really is kind of nice. I can get a lot done in those 3 hours.
Well, Bethany has her 12 month check up on Thursday. I know, almost 3 months late. Yet another reason while health insurance sucks. We didn't have any from the time we left Hawaii until September 1st. And even then, her old Ped. was already booked until the end of October and we didn't move over here until last week.
So I'm sure I'll have a lot to update after Thursday. We haven't had any new stats in awhile. I'm very excited!!
Monday, September 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment