Sorry it's been awhile since I blogged. You know, we've been kindof busy. :) Anyways, we got to Orlando last Friday around 7 PM. It was a very long trip but we made it pretty easily. Buying a seat for Bethany was worth the $350, let me tell you. We also broke the trip into 3 legs instead of 2. Here's how it went:
Leg one-Honolulu to Los Angeles-5 hours long-Bethany slept the entire time.
Leg two-Los Angeles to Cincinatti-3 1/2 hours - Bethany slept the entire time.
Leg three - Cincinatti to Orlando - 3 hours - Bethany didn't sleep but was quite content to wave and talk to the people around us. She also enjoyed looking out the window and watching Baby Mozart (pics to come). She then fell asleep just after touchdown and stayed that way all the way to baggage claim (about 30 minutes or so). We then came to Mom and Dad's and she went down about 9:00 and slept until like 6 the next morning. She has been on a near perfect sleep/eat schedule since. Thank you Jesus!!!
The following Monday, Nathan took off to Chicago to defend his dissertation. He passed!!! It's over!! Halleluia!!! By the way, thanks to our dear friends George and Joline and Steve and Janet for taking in my husband. Also, thanks to Janet for driving Nate to the airport in the wee hours of the morning and to Steve for dropping off his edited paper for him. You guys are AWESOME!!!!
So, we've settled in pretty well here. Bethany will be 11 months old tomorrow! When did she get so big?
Well, I think I'll sign off now. Nathan and I are going to a MOVIE!! Yes, a movie! A real date! I'm not sure if I remember what one of those is like. Thanks to Nahna and Papa for watching her tonight. Okay, goodnight!
Monday, June 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome back! I'm so glad you guys are a lot closer. I feel like I haven't talk to you guys in forever. Thank goodness for your blog so I know all your exciting news!! I'll have to start planning a trip to FL so I can see you guys and finally meet Bethany :)
Post a Comment