Well, we're back home in Orlando. We've been here for about a month and still are looking for a place to live. Thank goodness for parents who let you live with them while you look. We've been very frustrated by the market in and around DeLand. Apparantly, according to one apartment manager we spoke to, FEMA is still paying rent for a bunch of people who are waiting for their homes to be repaired from LAST SUMMER's hurricanes! So there are basically NO 2 bedroom apartments anywhere. So we've decided to look into buying a house. We didn't think that we were financially ready, but we don't have much of a choice, and I guess in the long run, this will be better for us.
My daughter will be a year old next week. I can't believe it. The first 6 months didn't seem to go by very quickly. But the last 6 months have gone by VERY quickly. She is such a blessing to us. We are so lucky to have her. She brings so much joy to our lives. We love you, B!
We're very happy to be back in our church, Grace Fellowship. We really missed it last year. We felt like we were home the first time we went back there.
Nathan is officially done with his degree. He should be receiving his certificate of completion in the mail in a few days. Then we all have to start calling him "Dr." because he'll have the proof. :)
I have also started taking better care of myself. I started going to Weight Watchers with my mom and sister as soon as we got here. In three weeks I have lost 6.4 pounds. It feels so good to feel my clothes get too big! This is the only thing that has worked for me so far. And it started working right away. I could not get the last 10 pounds of my pregnancy weight off all year and now I'm more than halfway there in just 3 weeks. Of course, I want to keep losing after that 10 pounds because I wasn't really at an ideal weight when I got pregnant in the first place. I want to be as healthy as possible when we decide to go for #2. I'll keep journaling my progress here.
Well, that's that for now. Stayed tuned for our search for a home and more about my life as a stay-at-home mom and wife. I'm sure it will be interesting!
Monday, June 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment