Well, Aunt Dayna went home last night. We had a good time with her. You can read Bethany's entry below for an update on what we did the first half of the week. I'm so thankful for her. I was completely exhausted so she said, "Mom, you take a rest. I will let everyone know what we've done so far." "Thanks", I said. What a great kid.
So Thursday we went to Pearl Harbor. We got there around 12:30 and the next show/boat was at 12:45. And there wasn't any wait! So we were able to just go right in. That was nice since we had an antsy 9 month old with us. They show a movie before you go over that explains what happened leading up to the attack and what the aftermath was. Bethany clapped in all the wrong places! We'll have to make sure she fully understands later. :) Did you know that more people died in that attack than have died so far in Iraq? That just amazed me.
Then we went to Waikiki and walked around the International Marketplace. Bethany got to see a Cockatoo up close. I mean, his handler laid him right down on the tray of her stroller! She got to touch him, too! That was neat.
We didn't do much on Friday. We went to my Mom's bible study where we gave an expecting mom a shower. That was fun. Then the group surprised me with cards and a gift since we're moving. I was so shocked! I didn't expect anything like that. It was really nice.
Saturday we went to the zoo. As always, Bethany loved it. I took some video this time since we have a bunch of pictures from the zoo. Hopefully I can put that together soon. We went to a new Chinese restaurant, Asia Manoa, which is right around the corner from us, for dinner. Nathan and Dayna seemed to like it. I didn't care for it. It seems like ever since the smell of it made me nauseous when I was pregnant, I haven't been able to enjoy Chinese food. I wonder if that's true that food likes and dislikes stay with you after you've been pregnant. Anyway, Nathan tood Dayna to the airport and now she's probably home. It was a fun week.
I had a really nice first Mother's Day. I got a dozen red roses, a box of dark chocolate covered macadamia nuts, and a portable DVD player! The last gift may be more for B! It was great. I hope all the moms and grandmas had great mom's days as well!
18 days!!!
Sunday, May 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Boy, I must be losing it. Because Saturday (the day before this entry) Bethany was officially 10 months old. I can't believe it. Much like I can't believe we'll be home in 17 DAYS!!!!!
Post a Comment