Okay, I will never again tell you what a good baby Bethany is or how well she's doing despite her tooth coming in. We put her down at 8:30 last night as usual and at 11:45 she woke up screaming. She did not go back to sleep until 1:15. I realized too late that I probably shouldn't have gone in and picked her up. But the first couple of times I went in to try to calm her she would just sit up and stick her arms in the air for me. When I picked her up she would just lay her head on my shoulder and sigh. She NEVER does that. And when I put her back down, she would just scream! I think it was around 12:30 that we gave her some Tylenol, but I think it was too little, too late. She wouldn't take a chilled teether, one of our fingers, or a binkie (which we haven't been giving her anyway). At 1:00 I decided that one night of rocking wouldn't screw up all of our work getting her to go to sleep on her own. Especially since she was obviously so miserable. As soon as I sat down she concked out on my shoulder. I rocked her for 10 minutes just to make sure she was really asleep. She was! She didn't wake at all as I moved her to a cradle position, stood up and laid her in her bed. Then, it happened. That piece of crap that we call a crib woke her up. The front of it doesn't have any latches or anything to move it up and down. There's a little track on the sides so you have to pick the gate up and pull toward you a bit to lower it, and pull up and toward the inside to raise it. Which I thought was great when we looked at it in the store. That system would make it easy to lower and raise with one hand. The problem is, if you pull it up slow, the pin doesn't catch to lock it in its upright position. And if you do it fast so it does, she wakes up. That's what happened. It took me three times to get the stupid thing to lock so she woke up and started screaming again. GRR! Nathan then took over (since he's tall and can reach over with the gate up) and got her back to sleep and put her down a little after 1:15.
I am so tired.
On a happier note, this morning she crawled over to my nursing stool, pulled herself up to a half-stand (since it's low she's not REALLY standing that way) but then turned her upper body a quarter turn to the left where my chair is, grabbed on, and stood up completely! Later she crawled over to her bouncy seat (where I've been putting some of her toys when she's not playing with them), pulled herself up using the Boppy which was laid in front of it, and grabbed the rainbow flag off of Noah's Ark. I guess she really wanted it!
Saturday, January 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment