She had 4 shots today (ouch!). I've never heard her scream like that. I think part of it may have been the nurse's fault this time. I watched her do it. Now, I've never watched before, so I don't know, but it seemed like it took her too long. First she jabbed her leg, THEN put her thumb on the plunger (?). It seems to me that the thumb should already be up there to do it as fast as possible. But, I don't know.
The nurse practitioner prescribed a vitamin supplement. It has vitamins A, B, and C and also has flouride since our water has none. She checked over Bethany and when she checked to see how Bethany puts weight on her legs she said, "well, you'll be running around by 9 months!" What?!?!?! Please don't say that!! We need to do some SERIOUS baby-proofing. And that's not an easy task with no Babies-r-us around here. I've had a really hard time finding some stuff. We may just have to buy some stuff online.
While we were waiting for her prescription, she really was showing off in the waiting area. She is not shy. She smiles at everyone and talks to most people. Soon she'll be running away from me to socialize.
We get to try giving her some juice now. So we'll be practicing our cup skills. Hopefully she'll catch on quickly and then we can be DONE with the bottles!
Boy was she pooped when we got home. She didn't really take a real nap. Just little snoozes in between stops. When we got home, I fed her lunch (a little late) and she went down at 2:10 (screamed until 2:45) and slept until 5:15. Wow! I wasn't sure what to do with myself!
Here's an adorable pic of Bethany watching Nathan play the guitar:
I think that's about it. Oh, she pulled herself up on the ottoman today. We're in trouble.
We're anxiously awaiting the arrival of Zane Everett Atkins. Hope all is well with the whole Atkins crew!
No comments:
Post a Comment