Monday, November 17, 2008

wishlists

Some of you remember my frustration a couple of years ago trying to make a Christmas wishlist for Bethany.  My friend told me about a site called The Things I Want.  You put this button on your browser's bookmark bar so you can add things from any website to a single wish list.  It's been great, but not exactly the most user-friendly.  Some things are still a little confusing.  This afternoon I was surfing amazon and saw that they now have a "universal wishlist".  You can add items from any website to your amazon list.  They also now have a function similar to The Things I Want where one person can manage several lists without separate accounts and logins.  This is great for parents with kids, or even spouses who would like to have wishlists in one place. 

So I'm thinking about putting in some more time to explore the amazon version.  I need to compare the two options and also decide if it's worth the time to put all the stuff from each of our lists into a new list!

No comments: