Thursday, August 04, 2005

growing up so fast

I know, I know. It's been awhile since I've blogged. We have just been busy, busy since we've been back. With church, SAI, work, and having friends and family to hang out with, blogging has taken a back seat. I guess the first thing to tell is that we are buying a house! It was totally unplanned, but the rental market in DeLand really stinks and it just made more sense to go ahead and buy even though we didn't really have much saved to do so. You know, moving to and from Hawaii can really screw up your savings. Anyway, we were able to buy in DeLand really close to campus and we will be closing at the end of the month. Pictures are forthcoming.

Bethany has been growing up like crazy. She tries to copy just about anything we say. You've seen the list of words. I could continue adding. Well, okay, I'll do it now! She can now say wash, bite, box, eyes, nose, mouth, toe, hair, bear, blue, boo, water, hello.

She can also pant like a dog, shush (puts her finger to her mouth and goes "sssss"), say "hello" and laugh with her phone up to her ear, and dance on command. When she knocks down a stack of blocks she raises her hands above her head and says, "ooooooooh!". She is running around this place like crazy. And she crawls up on everything. She loves to sit on the couch like a grown-up.

She's been eating more grown-up foods lately. She loves spaghetti! She also loves apples, grapes, cherries, bananas, nectarines, strawberries, cheese, yogurt, animal crackers, pb & j, bagels, egg, chicken, potatoes, and other things I can't remember right now.

Well, that's a lot for now. Hopefully I can write more soon!

1 comment:

Jen @ SecondCitySoiree said...

Congratulations on the house! Stay safe and dry.