Friday, December 15, 2006

Lost and Found

Over Thanksgiving weekend, we lost Bethany's Polly Pocket doll. We looked everywhere. The poor people in the toddler nursery at church even took everything apart TWICE because we thought she had left it there.

Yesterday after her nap, she got up and played for a few minutes then said, "Where's Ears?" (Ears is a beanie that she got in the NICU after she was born. He's her sleeping buddy and goes almost everywhere she does)

I said, "I don't know, did you leave him in your bed?"
B: "I throwed him out!"
Me: "Where?"
B: "On the floor!" (duh, mom)
Me: "Well let's look behind the bed. There he is!"

After I picked him up I saw her. Bethany had "throwed" Ears right on top of her. It was Polly Pocket!

I said, "Bethany, guess who is back here?"
B: "Ears was!"
Me: "Who have we been looking for?" I pull her out...
B: "POLLY POCKET!!!!" Begins doing a jumping dance and giggling like crazy!

The rest of the afternoon she didn't let her go. Bethany took her in the bath, took her to bed, and had her this morning when she woke up. I don't think we'll lose Polly Pocket again any time soon!

No comments: