Tuesday, November 01, 2005

not a baby

Many, many things that Bethany does makes me think how in certain ways, she's not a baby anymore. Like, temper tantrums for one! Haha, you thought I was going to get all sentimental, didn't you? Just kidding. But yes, temper tantrums. And coloring. She LOVES to color! She goes nuts when she sees crayons or markers. She also is learning things so quickly. The other day (she has these blocks with letters on them and pictures of things that start with that letter) we were playing with the blocks and I showed her "house". She said it back once and that was it. The next day I was stacking them up for her and she found the "H" block, pointed to the picture and said, "house!" I couldn't believe it. I only showed her the day before. And only one time!

Potty training - I know I'm going to have to do it sometime. She's been showing signs for several months. She loved sitting on the potty when I was trying to get her pee for a culture (I don't think I'll go into detail about it on here!). Then today, I went into the bathroom at the mall and as I was sitting there she said, "pee-pee". Oh, man. This was one thing I did not want to do when I had kids. A friend of mine suggested the "Potty training in less than a day" method. It's one long day of teaching it, but then it's pretty much done. Except for the overnight part. I know I'm going to just have to bite the bullet and do it.

I got some GREAT pictures of her at the park the other day. Check the next post for them. She got on the playground equipment all by herself! And went down the slide! She already loves the swings, but the slide!!

No comments: